I'm not usually an i-love-novels-about-scandalous-elite-life type of reader before. To be honest, The Gossip Girl series didn't captivate me(although I love the TV series, i never bought the books). When I've read the glimpse of Anna Godbersen's The Luxe, I said to myself, "Why not give it a try?", I was urged to buy the book because it's not about the lives of the scandalous lives of the elites in Manhattan nowadays-coz it's too common already-but during the 1800's, and The Luxe didn't fail me. I absolutely fell in love with the story, and I'm sure to buy the sequel to this book.

So I did a little research about the brilliant author of the The Luxe Series but unfortunately, there is only a few information so I patched together the data that I've been able to find and here it is. I hope this short biography will help.


Anna Godbersen was born in Berkeley, California in 1980. She was educated at Barnard College in Manhattan, and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.



She is the author of the The Luxe series, with The Luxe, the first book in the series,(her debut novel) which was published on 23 November 2007 by Harper Collins. It was followed by Rumors, and a third, Envy, was released in January 2009. A fourth book called Splendor, which concludes The Luxe series, will be published on October 27, 2009.



Anna Godbersen is the former literary editor's assistant at Esquire. She wrote weekly book reviews for the magazine's website and has written for The New York Times Book Review and The Chattahoochee Review, where she is a contributing editor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home